Bengaluru cafe blast case handed over to NIA, say sources

Thursday, April 18, 2024

The Karnataka government has handed over the probe into the blast at a cafe in Bengaluru to the National Investigation Agency (NIA), said sources on Monday.

The sources confirmed that the NIA has already filed an FIR in connection with the case. The agency sleuths will investigate the probe in coordination with the state police. The documents and findings of the probe conducted so far by the special wing CCB of the state police would be handed over by Tuesday, sources further said.

The sleuths of NIA, RAW and NSG have visited the blast site and gathered inputs.

On Sunday, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah had said that his government was contemplating to handover the case to the NIA if it was found necessary. BJP had been demanding the handing over of the blast case to the NIA and had slammed the government for treating the incident “casually”.

The BJP leaders have slammed the statements of DyCM D.K. Shivakumar and Home Minister Dr. G. Parameshwara on considering the angle of business rivalry regarding the incident.

The incident took place on March 1 and the police have gathered the CCTV footage of the bomber.

At least ten persons were injured in the incident, and one of them, a woman, is being treated in the ICU.

Related Articles

  !!!!!!!!   Hiring content writers   !!!!!!!!!
Contact us : [email protected]

Latest Articles